Are you interested in working for a company that’s on a mission to make a difference? DSPolitical pioneers the best integration of data and technology to persuade audiences and deliver wins for progressive candidates, causes, and issues with the most efficient and effective digital advertising campaigns in politics.
We are a small, highly collaborative team building out the infrastructure and applications to power targeted advertising for Democrats and progressives in 2019, 2020, and beyond — from top-tier Senate races to local boards of education.
We are looking for a developer who is excited to gain experience in building large web applications, hungry to expand their skills, and is passionate about progressive politics.
This is a junior-level position. The salary range is from $55,000 – $85,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. It also includes our robust benefits package, including unlimited leave, 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees (including dental and vision), 401K with company matching, flex spending plan, professional development opportunities, rewards and recognition programs, transit and phone stipends, and more. This position is based at our Washington, DC headquarters.
You must have:
- 1 – 5 years experience in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) development.
- Expertise in PHP 7
- Competency in MySQL
- Competency in modern CSS preprocessors
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and the tools that facilitate it (Git, Jira, etc)
- Experience in interacting with a wide variety of APIs including those without pre-built SDKs
- Knowledge of security best practices in modern web application environments
Knowledge of some or all of these will make you our ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of data visualization libraries such as D3.js
- Experience writing unit tests and other testing modalities
In this role you will:
- Develop new product offerings and enhance existing products across the DSPolitical ecosystem.
- Provide front-line support for internal product owners.
- Work with more-senior team members to expand your skill-set.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Our team is small and flexible– This position may include other responsibilities depending on the skill-set and interests of the chosen candidate and the needs of the organization.
Work hours are consistently 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with the expectation that evening and weekend work will be required as necessary.
DSPolitical works hard to provide our clients with innovative solutions based on the diverse perspectives of our team. To that end, we’re committed to recruiting team members from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We encourage applicants of all races, colors, gender identities, religions, ages, sexual orientations, national and ethnic origins, disabilities, marital status, veteran status, and all backgrounds. DSPolitical is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Send your resume with cover letter, Github or other code samples, and salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line “Full Stack Developer/Engineer – [YOUR NAME]”. No calls to staff, please. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer.