Are you interested in working for a company that’s on a mission to make a difference? DSPolitical pioneers the best integration of data and technology to persuade audiences and deliver wins for progressive candidates, causes, and issues with the most efficient and effective digital advertising campaigns in politics.
We are a small, highly collaborative team building out the infrastructure and applications to power targeted advertising for Democrats and progressives in 2019, 2020, and beyond — from top-tier Senate races to local boards of education.
We are looking for a developer who has experience working on large web applications and can contribute expertise about design and implementation throughout the software development life cycle; help us make decisions about infrastructure and tooling; and provide mentorship and code review to other team members.
This is a senior level position. The salary range is from $80,000 – $100,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. It also includes our robust benefits package, including unlimited leave, 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees (including dental and vision), 401K with company matching, transit and phone stipends. This position is based at our Washington, DC headquarters.
You must have:
- Expertise in PHP 7 and the modern PHP ecosystem including familiarity with a major PHP framework such as Symfony or Laravel and demonstrable knowledge of design patterns
- We will consider experience working on large-scale projects in other scripting languages as long as you can demonstrate competence in PHP as well
- Competency in modern CSS preprocessors.
- Strong experience working in a highly collaborative environment and the tools that facilitate it (Git, Jira, etc.)
- Strong experience in interacting with a wide variety of APIs including those without pre-built SDKs
- Knowledge of security best practices in modern web application environments.
Knowledge of some or all of these will make you our ideal candidate:
- DevOps experience including setting up and managing Linux servers, AWS/Google Cloud/Azure, CI/CD tools, etc
- Expertise in data visualization libraries such as D3.js and data analysis
- Expertise in writing unit tests and other testing modalities
In this role you will:
- Develop new product offerings and enhance existing products across the DSPolitical ecosystem.
- Provide high level support for internal product owners.
- Participate in product development processes and provide input on technology choices and design strategy.
- Perform code review and other mentorship for team members.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Our team is small and flexible– This position may include other responsibilities depending on the skill-set and interests of the chosen candidate and the needs of the organization.
Work hours are consistently 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with the expectation that evening and weekend work will be required as necessary (typically in conjunction with the election cycle).
DSPolitical works hard to provide our clients with innovative solutions based on the diverse perspectives of our team. To that end, we’re committed to recruiting team members from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We encourage applicants of all races, colors, gender identities, religions, ages, sexual orientations, national and ethnic origins, disabilities, marital status, veteran status, and all backgrounds. DSPolitical is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Send your resume with cover letter, Github or other code samples, and salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Full Stack Developer/Engineer – [YOUR NAME]”. No calls to staff, please. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer.